Chingay stands for spontaneous expression of a new communal spirit and Singapore soul. It will reflect the collective dreams, cultures, and celebrations of our people and of our way of lives in Singapore in a new Chingay Parade of Dreams.
Get bedazzled at Chingay 2010, showcasing Asia in wondrous ways beyond your wildest imagination….
- Majestic flying horses promise to make an impression with strange fantasy characters in Chingay 2010 Grand Opening – The Soaring City!
- Traditional dragon and lion dancers seize the parade grounds by storm! Cover your ears as you marvel at the crackling Chingay’s FIRST pair of Fire-cracker dragons!
- Legendary well-loved tales (Butterfly Lover, Puteri Gunung Ledang and Indralogam) weaved into rich multi-ethnic performances will spin you into a spell of intrigue
- Wonders from around the world – thrilling displays by overseas and local groups promise to enthrall.
- The story of Yellow River 黄河 takes centre stage for the first time in the history of Chingay.
- Samba Singapore! Gyrate and rock to the Samba Parade in Asian (Singapore) fashion! Be thrilled by waves of colours, glittering floats and high energy moves by 2,000 performers!
- The Grandest Finale in Chingay History will debut in Chingay 2010 with a moving presentation of the “Colours of the Lion City and Celebrations” – jointly presented by the People’s Association Youth Movement, Resorts World at Sentosa, Singapore Soka Association and multi-cultural partners.
Chingay 2010 T-shirts
Be part of Asia’s Grandest Street & Float Parade by donning it! Make the vibrant and splendid Chingay colours part of your fashion wardrobe. With a central design theme focusing on “Loving the Chingay Festival”, this special edition Chingay 2010 T-shirt will be a superb memento for your cherished memories of the spectacular Chingay Parade 2010!
The T-shirt will be available for sale during the pre-parade Samba Parties on 9 Jan, 16 Jan and 30 Jan 2010 and on both days of the Parade on 19 Feb and 20 Feb 2010.
Check out the T-Shirt booth at Chingay PAssion PAsar
$10 (PAssion Card Member & Ticket Holder)
$12 (Non-PAssion Card Member & Non-Ticket Holder)
Chingay 2010 Activities
Most Popular Float Online Voting Contest
(10 Feb 2010 – 21 Feb 2010)
Three lucky voters of the most popular float stand to win exclusive Chingay goodies! Simply vote on www.chingay.org.sg and be one of the lucky three to win! PAssion Chingay Club * members get triple chances of winning!
From 23 January 2010, famous streets of Singapore will come alive in an explosion of colours, to celebrate the Lunar New Year and Chingay Parade.
For the first time ever, there will be a display of Chingay BannerArt designed by talented people like you. Click here to find out how to have your banner displayed at Chingay 2010
LIVECONNECT @ CHINGAY
(From 19 and 20 Feb 2010 onwards)
Catch Chingay Parade Singapore 2010 ‘LIVE’ anywhere and anytime! You can now view the actual parade not only at the Pit Building but simply anywhere with your WiFi-enabled mobile phones and laptops with a wireless network! Simply log on to www.chingay.org.sg!
PAssion Chingay Club NEW! FREE MEMBERSHIP
Join this club and enjoy the best Chingay-related deals! Get the best discount (except relative to block bookings and tickets for charity) off Chingay tickets, priority selection of premium seats and a chance to go behind the scenes of the parade! Sign up now! First 1000 who sign up will receive 30% off Chingay tickets!
Chingay Parade 2010 Date
Chingay Parade 2010 will be held on Feb 19 & Feb 20, 2010.
Chingay 2010 Tickets
Buy your tickets from 1st August 2009 through SISTIC website: www.sistic.com.sg, SISTIC Hotline: (65) 6348 5555, SISTIC Authorized Agents islandwide and Singapore Pools Outlets (Category 2 tickets only on 20 February 2010).
Join the PAssion Chingay Club (FREE membership). First 1,000 who sign up will receive up to 30% off Chingay tickets. Passion Card (People’s Association Membership Card) members enjoy 20% off ticketsˆ (Maximum of 6 tickets per card)
Special discounts for block bookings of 20 ticketsˆ or more, simply email PA_Chingay_Ticketing@pa.gov.sg
20% discount with goodie bags for 20 February 2010 Category 2 tickets at all Singapore Pools outlets (Limited on a first-come-first-served basis)
Chingay will now draw in more participation from both the people and commercial sector, to add greater diversity, colour, and spontaneity. People, young and old, commercial sector to people sector, arts groups, interest groups, ordinary people, talented artists, will participate in the remaking of the Chingay as a Parade of our people and of Singapore life…from prancing ions, clanging cymbals and stilt walkers to boy bands and beach volleyball culture. Traditional floats of fiery Chinese dragons will cruise alongside a cool Tiger Beer float.