Got a dirty watch or jewelry? Yes, you can buy a jewelry cleaner. But, if you don’t have a lot of jewelry, you may think it’s not necessary to buy a jewelry cleaner. The good news is, you can watch your jewelry yourself.
Prepare the following material:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dish detergent
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece aluminum foil
Follow the four steps below to watch your jewelry:
- Heat water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil that roughly covers the bottom of a small bowl (like a cereal bowl).
- Pour hot water into bowl. Place salt, soda, and dishwashing liquid into bowl. Place jewelry on top of foil and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry jewelry completely with soft cloth. Discard solution after use and make a new batch next time.
- According to wire-sculpture.com, “this works well for gold-filled, brass, german (nickel) silver, and sterling silver. I have even cleaned jewelry with freshwater pearls, shell cameos and mother of pearl with no problem.”.