For travel lovers who would also love to do some volunteer work now and then; here is an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone!
Habitat for Humanity Global Village volunteer teams travel to exciting destinations in the United States and around the world. They advocate for better living conditions and raise funds to help those in need.
As a Global Village volunteer, you will
- Work alongside members of the host community to build decent, affordable houses.
- Fundraise to build Habitat homes in the country you visit and support the Global Village program.
- Advocate for improved housing and quality of life around the world.
- Create a true global village of love, community, homes and hope.
Who can participate
Habitat’s Global Village volunteer program welcomes all who want to make a difference by picking up a hammer and helping to change lives. No experience is necessary. There is no maximum age limit. Many of the trips require strenuous manual labor, so all participants should be in good health.
What you will do on your trip
You may work on:
- House construction.
- Disaster relief.
Your trip itinerary will include:
- Free time.
- Local cultural activities, depending on length of trip.
You can expect to gain:
- A unique set of experiences.
- Once-in-a-lifetime friendships.
Check out their trip in Bali to get a feeling yourself.
Interested? Visit Habitat website for more info. If you do participate in this program, please share your story and experience.