Low fares leader Jetstar has unveiled some great school holiday packages as part of its Jetstar Holidays offering. Jetstar aims to take the hassle out of planning the right break for you and your family with a guide to the top five destinations for families this school holiday season.
Jetstar Holidays packages are customised for different travel preferences and are combined with Jetstar’s low fares and family-friendly accommodation to suit any budget. At a click of the mouse at Jetstar.com, families can choose from thrilling theme parks, educational outback tours, relaxing beach getaways and everything in between.
Here are Jetstar Holidays’ top five family getaways for the coming June holidays:
1. Phuket, Thailand
WHY: What’s not to love about Thailand’s most popular beach destination with its white sandy beaches, crystal blue water, tropical gardens and elephant rides in a warm climate. Phuket makes a great base for a relaxing and fun family retreat, all less than two hours from Singapore.
– Build sand castles, snorkel or enjoy an open-sea snorkelling trip by speedboat or go on a sea-canoe tour and explore the caves and “hongs” in Phang Nga Bay.
– Explore the Phuket Gibbon Rehabilitation Center and a monkey school or take a ride on the majestic elephant.
Jetstar Holidays family packages to Phuket inclusive of a return JetSaver airfare start from $481 per person for 8 nights in Karon Beach Resort & Spa (for a family of three).
2. Bali, Indonesia
WHY: Give your children a magical and cultural experience they will always remember fondly. Holiday with sun, sea, volcanic mountains and rich cultural heritage all rolled into one destination. Just two and a half hours away from Singapore you will find Bali, an exotic paradise for your family.
– Check out the unique and memorable Balinese experience at the Elephant Safari Park in Taro and get up close and personal with the elephants and even hand feed these beautiful and endangered Indonesian elephants
– Feast your eyes on the beauty and colours of Ubud and enjoy an evening of traditional Balinese dance performance dressed in colourful costumes.
Jetstar Holidays family packages to Bali inclusive of a return JetSaver airfare start from $490 per person for 7 nights in Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort (for a family of three).
3. Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
WHY: This is the destinations for adventure-nature-lovers seeking a perfect combination of beach and wide-open lavish tropical forest allowing you to roam freely to get up close with nature only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Singapore.
– Have an up-close encounter with an orang-utan at the Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Centre near Sandakan while you watch the animals swing and being fed.
– Search for the giant rafflesia flower and the shy sun bear in Kinabalu Park, or experience living with the Rungus people of Kudat and visit their unique long-houses.
Jetstar Holidays family packages to Kota Kinabalu inclusive of a return JetSaver airfare start from $492 per person for 2 nights in Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort (for a family of four).
4. Hong Kong, China
WHY: Vibrant Hong Kong is well set for up for holiday makers with a variety of theme parks and attractions, great sightseeing and delicious food. This exciting destination is just 3 hours and 40 minutes away from Singapore by flight.
– Take your whole family to Hong Kong Disneyland and enjoy its thrilling rides, exciting parades and dazzling firework displays in this magical kingdom.
– Take a cruise around Lantau Island to look for the endangered pink dolphins or visit the Ocean Park for close encounters with the abundance of sea animals and nature.
Jetstar Holidays family packages to Hong Kong inclusive of a return JetSaver airfare start from $598 per person for 4 nights in Cosmopolitan Hotel (for a family of three).
5. Darwin, Australia
WHY: Take your family and experience the Australian outback. Stay in Darwin city and then explore the Northern Territory’s wonders just a four-hour flight away from Singapore.
– A day trip to Litchfield National Park will leave you with fond memories of giant termite mounds, bush walking, pristine natural waterfalls, billabongs, hot springs and swimming in freshwater creeks.
– Experience the Australian deserts in the centre of Northern Territory by taking a hot air balloon ride at dawn.
Jetstar Holidays family packages to Darwin inclusive of a return JetSaver airfare start from $886 per person for 3 nights in Mantra on the Esplanade (for a family of three).
Jetstar Holidays packages are inclusive of return JetSaver fare (JetSaver fare includes 20kg checked-in baggage and 10kg carry-on luggage) and hotel accommodation on a triple or quad sharing basis (based on two adults and one child 0-12 sharing or two adults and 2 children 0-12 sharing). Transfers are not included. Terms and conditions apply, see Jetstar.com for details.
Packages are for travel from 29 May – 26 June 2010 and may not be available on all flights, all days and are subject to availability. Family packages can be purchased at Jetstar.com from 1 April 2010 until sold out.