As announced by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on 29 August 2009, the electronic day licence (e-Day Licence) will replace the current paper licence from 23 November 2009 when an Off-Peak Car (OPC) is used during restricted hours.
Where to Buy e-Day Licences
From today, OPC owners can buy the e-Day Licences for use from 23 November 2009. In addition to the existing channels such as SingPost outlets and Automobile Association of Singapore offices, OPC users have the added flexibility of buying the e-Day Licences online anytime between 6am and midnight daily through the following:
- the ONE.MOTORING portal (www.onemotoring.com.sg),
- AXS stations located island-wide; and
- mobile-SMS services via MobileP@y. Interested parties will need to sign up for the service at www.mobilepay.sg. (please see Annex A for more details.)
Motorists can Buy e-Day Licence after Using OPC
From 23 November 2009, besides the benefits of extended hours and more alternative channels of purchase, motorists have the option of buying the e-Day Licence after using the OPC, as long as they do so before 2359 hours the next day. Currently, the paper licence must be purchased before the use of the vehicle.
With the launch of the e-Day Licence system, OPC drivers will no longer be inconvenienced by LTA’s enforcement officers stopping their vehicles to check for a valid paper licence. LTA’s enforcement officers will instead note down the vehicle registration number of the OPC and subsequently verify against the system records if a valid e-Day Licence had been purchased for the car for that day.
To facilitate the transition to the new e-Day Licence system, letters and guidebooks on the new system were mailed to all current OPC owners in September 2009. To further raise awareness, LTA has also put up posters at all SingPost and AAS outlets. Information on the e-Day Licence system is also available on www.onemotoring.com.sg
Unused Paper Day Licences
Between 26 October 2009 and 31 May 2010, OPC/ Weekend Car (WEC) owners can return any unused paper day licences that are not torn, tampered, defaced or invalidated to any SingPost outlet or to LTA’s office located at 10 Sin Ming Drive to:
- Apply for a refund (applies to the $20 paper supplementary licences for OPCs only); or
- Convert the paper licences to e-Day Licences for use from 23 November 2009 (applies to both the free supplementary licences for Weekend Cars (WEC) and the $20 supplementary licences for OPCs/WECs).