Travelers coming to Singapore are entitled to duty-free allowance for spirits, wine and beer only if all of the following conditions are met:
- You are 18 years old or above;
- You have spent 48 hours or more outside Singapore immediately before your arrival;
- You have not arrived from Malaysia;
- The liquors are for your own consumption; and
- The liquors are not prohibited under section 38 of the Customs Act.
Either you bring the duty-free items from another country into Singapore or you buy duty-free products at Singapore airport shops, you will given one of the options below:
- 1 litre spirits, 1 litre wine, 1 litre beer
- 2 litre wine, 1 litre beer
- 1 litre wine, 2 litre beer
There is NO GST RELIEF AND DUTY-FREE CONCESSION ON CIGARETTES AND OTHER TOBACCO PRODUCTS. Please declare them at the Red Channel for payment of duty and GST.
Also check out how you can claim GST relief (the tax you need to pay when you pay for products or services in Singapore) when you leave Singapore.