Getting the most from hard-earned money is always a smart thing. Here are some quick tips from Jetstar for travelling more, for less.
- Book early: The earlier you book, the more likely you are going to find special deals and affordable airfares as well as accommodation discounts.
- Hunt for bargains: Jetstar’s Friday Fare Frenzy is a great time to purchase a holiday fare, with sale fares on selected routes available Friday from 11am to 6pm at Jetstar.com.
- Sign-up and be the first to know: The best way have an affordable holiday is to be among the first to find out about great sale fares. Subscribe to airline e-newsletters like Jetstar’s JetMail to ensure you never miss out on Jetstar’s low fares.
- Travel in the off-season: When you can, book outside of school or public holidays and peak periods like Christmas and Lunar New Year You can often score sale fares, and hotels often drop their rates to half price.
- Be flexible: Your chances of grabbing a great low fare are higher if you fly mid-week, a great tip not many people know. Use Jetstar’s Low Fares Finder – simply type in your dates and we’ll find the lowest available fare!
- Price match: Remember our mothers’ indefatigable chant to always compare prices? Well, there’s a truth to it, but now it is even easier. Jetstar’s Price Beat Guarantee ensures that if you find a published internet airfare on another airline that is lower than the lowest available comparable Jetstar fare on Jetstar.com, call us and we will beat the other airline’s fare by 10%.
- Pack light and make a list: Airlines offer discounts for passengers who travel light. With Jetstar, you can save by purchasing an Economy Starter fares and travelling with up to 10kg of carryon luggage.
- Kids Carry-On Luggage: On Jetstar, each passenger with an allocated seat is permitted one main item of cabin baggage and one other small item, with a total combined weight of up to 10kg. So kids can also bring their own “cool” bags or backpacks with the things they’ll need to keep them entertained.
- Enjoy The Free Stuff: You don’t have to spend a fortune when on holiday, and here a few activities in some of the most popular holiday destinations that are free:
- Join the locals for some tai chi in the park in Hong Kong or Beijing, it’s free, fun and exercise at the same time.
- Wander around Old Phuket Town to see a unique blend of colonial and Chinese architecture.
- View the gannet colony at Muriwai Beach – Auckland. The gannets return to Muriwai in July and from this time they re-establish contact with their lifelong mates. December is an exciting time as chicks clamour for food and parents nosedive spectacularly into the water at up to 145km per hour in search of fish to feed their young. Fur seals regularly feed and rest at Oaia Island, 1.6km off the coast of Muriwai Beach. During spring, they are quite often seen sunbathing on the rocks below the gannet colony.
- Lovers of nature can explore the Royal Botanic Gardens – Melbourne on the Yarra’s South Bank. They are considered one of the best botanical gardens in the country and one of the finest worldwide.
- Take a dip in the free-flowing Telaga Waja River in Bali
Feel free to share your tips!
You may also like:
Jetstar is having a take a friend for free sale. And when they say free, they mean when you book these sale fares, the second passenger is absolutely FREE! No ...READ MORE
Jetstar now has a special sale* to celebrate the launch of Singapore-Auckland services, with all inclusive one-way JetSaver Light# fares for SGD248 and StarClass fares for SGD688. The sale commences ...READ MORE
Jetstar is offering a Take a friend for FREE Sale! They mean absolutely FREE. No fare or taxes to pay for the second fare! Grab your friend and fly with ...READ MORE
Save on air tickets for your holiday to Cambodia when you fly with Jetstar's sale fares!Take this chance to visit Angkor Wat or simply take a holiday off ...READ MORE
It's finally the weekend again - the perfect time to plan your next holiday! Why not treat yourself to yet another holiday. With a wide array of attractive holiday destinations ...READ MORE
Thank Jetstar It's FridayLook out every Friday for Jetstar's Friday Fare Frenzy from 1pm - 5pm for seriously reduced fares! This week pick up super hot fare from Singapore to ...READ MORE
This sale, be spoilt for choice on your next holiday destination with so many to choose from! One way all inclusive JetSaver Light fare starts from $28 only! Hurry, book ...READ MORE
Indonesia is going on sale and Jetstar is offering you low low fares for 4 Days only. Grab that fare and fly to your favorite Indonesia destination today!All these sale ...READ MORE
Jetstar – Take a friend for free promotion
Jetstar Singapore-Auckland Promotion fr $248 till 21 March
Jetstar: Take A Friend for FREE – Till
Don’t miss Jetstar’s Sale from $28 one way
Jetstar Singapore to KL for Just $15! [1pm-5pm
Jetstar Singapore to Indonesia Promotion: fr SGD 38