Jetstar will launch direct twice-weekly flights from Singapore to Guilin* in China’s Guangxi Province, with flights commencing on 3 November 2010.
Travellers will gain unprecedented direct access to one of China’s most picturesque and popular tourist cities, reaching there in slightly over three and half hours.
Guilin is renowned for stunning natural sceneries and an abundance of outdoor leisure activities. With Jetstar’s every day low fares, travellers from Singapore can soak in the lovely sights of some of China’s famous landscapes there such as Lijiang River and the soaring limestone peaks of Yangshuo nearby. Holiday makers of all ages and interests will cherish their unforgettable journeys here.
Jetstar’s top five recommendations for good times in Guilin
1. Cruise down the stunning Lijiang River from Guilin to Yangshuo and be rewarded with the unsurpassed beauty of the province’s most breathtaking natural scenery. From spectacular limestone peaks and dramatic caves to farmers tending rice fields and lumbering water buffaloes, this river cruise is the centrepiece of any trip to Guilin.
2. Explore the countryside with its ethnic minority villages and ribboned Longji terrace fields in Longsheng and Sanjiang. When in Yangshuo test your energy levels cycling and hiking through the green rice paddies or simply kick back to enjoy the stunning view.
3. Climb the challenging rock climbers’ paradise in Yangshuo, one of the key and most interesting areas for rock climbing in China. Get up-close and personal with the limestone cliffs of Moon Hill, the White Mountain and many more.
4. Browse at the numerous small streets, flea markets and tea houses in Guilin. The city also abounds with scenic spots such as Elephant Trunk Hill, the symbol of Guilin’s scenery and Reed Flute Cave with stalagmites of striking shapes and colours – a must-see on the itinerary.
5. Feast on local treats such as Guilin rice noodles with its infinite varieties that are famous across China or order a Yangshuo beer fish, made with freshly-caught Li River carp. Dare devils can test their limits with sips of exotic snake soup, snake-bile wine or horse meat stew.
Jetstar’s one-way all inclusive JetSaver Light Singapore-Guilin* fares start from $299#at Jetstar.com.