From 13 August 2009, commuters including tourists, can access public transport information on-the-go via handphone and PDA with the launch of the mobile version of PublicTransport@SG or PublicTransport@SG Mobile. The three most popular features will be available on PublicTransport@SG Mobile:
- Real-Time Bus Arrival Information. Commuters can enquire on the following:
- The next and subsequent bus arrival time of bus services at a specific bus stop,
- Wheelchair Accessible Buses arriving at the bus stop, and
- Bus stops where Real-Time Bus Arrival information is available. Please refer to Annex B and C for details.
- Bus service route information.
- Bus service route details
- Estimated bus frequency (arrival interval between buses)
- Time the first bus for a particular bus service is scheduled to arrive at the specific bus stop,
- Time the last bus for a particular bus service is scheduled to arrive at the specific bus stop
- MRT and LRT rail system maps. Features both the system-wide map as well as single line maps with estimated travel times between stations.
Commuters may retrieve information from PublicTransport@SG Mobile, by simply typing in the URL http://www.publictransport.sg/mobile in their mobile or PDA browser which should be Wi-Fi or GPRS-enabled. Normal telco charges apply for the data request.