The wait is over for true enthusiasts of expressive photography, as Sony’s new 900 DSLR camera was launched on 18 Sep 2008 in Singapore at the landmark Mercedes-Benz Center.
The world’s first full-frame 24.6 Mega Pixel DSLR and the flagship of Sony’s expanding DSLR line, the 900 delivers the unmatched image quality, creative expression and high-end performance demanded by professional photographers.
Behind the lens of the 900 sits the next-generation full-frame sensor that captures unprecedentedly clear images swathed in vibrant colours. Equipped with dual BIONZ™ engines, the DSLR is powerful enough to handle massive amounts of high-resolution image data at extremely high speeds. Highly durable and lightweight, the 900 is constructed from robust magnesium alloy to offer rugged and reliable performance even under adverse conditions.
The A900 camera will be accompanied with an array of accessories like the recently-announced Sony HVL-F58AM flash unit with its innovative Quick Shift Bounce system, powerful performance with a guide number of 58, and wireless auto flash ratio control.
- 24.6 MP 35mm format full-frame CMOS sensor (highest res in class)
- SteadyShot INSIDE full frame image sensor shift stabilization (world first)
- High Speed Dual Bionz processors
- Eye-level glass Penta-prism OVF, 100% coverage, 0.74x magnification
- 9 point AF with 10 assist points, center dual-cross AF w/2.8 sensor
- 5 frames per second burst, newly developed mirror box
- Intelligent Preview Function
- 3 User programmable custom memory modes on mode dial
- Advanced Dynamic Range Optimizer (5 step selectable)
- 40 segment honeycomb metering
- 3.0″ 921K pixel Photo Quality (270 dpi) LCD display, 100% coverage
- Direct HDMI output
- ISO 200-3200 (ISO 100-6400 expanded range)
- User interchangeable focusing screens (3 options)
- CF Type I/II and MS slots, LI-ION battery, STAMINA 880 shots
- Weight 850g (without battery, card, accs)
- New Image Data Converter SR software (includes vignetting control)
- New Vertical Grip
- Supplied with wireless remote control
- Magnesium Alloy body and rubber seals for dust and moisture resistance
- AF micro adjustment
- $2999.99 body price; available late October 2008